Friday, December 26, 2008

More Notthats and some tomatoes

First, I just got an email from my dad in Colorado. I have to give him a bit of credit for not making fun of my post a few days ago where I whined about our bitter cold and the frost I had to deal with. They have received 64 inches of snow in the last two weeks, and are expecting about a foot more today.

So I'm not going to mention how cold it is here (it MAY get up to 52 today) or how bitter this winter has been. At least not in public.


I did send him this picture of our tomato ripening process, showing that we will be eating home grown tomatoes for several weeks to come. Heh heh heh...

Last night I made a pot of pumpkin/broccoli chili and we had some friends who are also Notthats over for dinner and games.


Asil (not her real name) brought the corn bread. Note the separate bowl of beans - one of the most embarrassing things about Mrs Notthat is that she hates beans. Completely and totally. (Well, almost totally - she has a brownie recipe that adds mashed black beans that she likes, but that's about it. Remind me to tell you a funny story of her first night visiting my parnets.)

Once dinner was done, we played Balderdash (it's a little frightening how good we all were at making up extremely likely sounding definitions for words nobody had ever heard of before) and Apples to Apples. Pumpkin pie and some bizarre thing involving crushed Oreos and chocolate cake kept everyone going through the games.

That is Asil, Noraa, and Yentruoc (not their real names) on the left with IDT showing lots of interest in what Noraa has in his pocket (maybe sneaking out an extra piece of pie?).

And that's about it. While there is no sign of snow here at all, it's hard not to run out and pick up a snow shovel anyway, not that you could find one anywhere around here.

That's it - move along...

2 comments:

DAK said...

The photo of IDT sniffing out the extra sandwich is very funny. I envy you your tomatoes

mary ann said...

I like the dessert part...