Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dang it's cold...


This is for you people that live in the habitually frostbitten parts of the country. You need to understand that, even out here in the bliss that is California, we too have to suffer through bitter cold.

Yes, that is frost covering the car this morning. Yes, that is a squeegee that I am trying to scrape the frost off with. We do own at least one ice scraper - I'm sure of it. But I couldn't find it. It's probably hiding behind all the leftover ketchup packets and mis-folded maps of Fresno.

I should just do the normal California thing and squirt the car with the garden hose and not sweat it, but scraping frost was a large part of my upbringing, and it's kind of in my blood. 

And the squeegee eventually did manage to wear out the frost enough to allow me to see through it.

That's it - shiver along...

2 comments:

DAK said...

We've got people from Providence here, and Minnesota, and Alaska. They are, shall we say, less than sorrowful about our severe wussy weather. I, on the other hand, am freezing my butt off.

mary ann said...

We've all heard those stories about pure Californians who toss hot water on the windshield and that breaks it. No, I am not now, nor ever was one of those people. I too am cold!