Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maryland Pictures are up!


I have posted a bunch of pictures from the Maryland trip here. These are all scaled down a bit, so if you would like nicer copies of any of them please let me know.

Also, that picture up on top is of Dani's suitcase after it arrived in Baltimore. I joked that it looked like it had been "cuddled by a velociraptor," but in truth I had not seen the actual bag. I now want to update my description to "cuddled by a rabid velociraptor." This was pretty remarkable, even by airline standards. 

That's it - move along...

3 comments:

mary ann said...

Sheeeesh, that luggage is something!
But the family looks great...

DAK said...

This photo makes me cringe. Which airline was it? Did they try to claim she brought it to the airport like that? And did they say anything before it got picked up, or did they just try to slime by and pretend nothing had happened? Nah, even USAir wouldn't do that.

notthatlucas said...

We were on Southwest. It just came out to the carousel that way. In addition to the suitcase, an umbrella, pair of shoes, and a favorite shirt were destroyed. They gave her a new suitcase and $50 for her trouble. (She was not allowed to keep any of the damaged stuff.)

The really frightening thing was that she had a text book that would have been extremely expensive to replace, plus lots of unique things that could never be replaced. So it could have been worse.

In all my years of flying I've never seen a bag that totally destroyed.