Saturday, November 22, 2008

Grandkids, leaves, and a led-free zeppelin

First, I've posted a few more Maryland-based pictures here. These were taken after I left. The basic theme is that it can get really cold at a Maryland beach in November.

Next, I just want to say that anyone that runs a day care center or who cheerfully routinely watches two or more kids should immediately have their sanity checked. How do sane people do that? I watched both grandkids on Wednesday and Thursday, and I have to say, work is MUCH easier. Oh, they were cute and fun off and on, but they were also constantly going at full speed and testing me and just plane challenging.

Darci has been dying to rake the leaves into a pile so that she can jump in them. The tree that supplies our leaves is still in the early stages of dropping them, so there were not all that many leaves to work with. But both kids (and Idiot Dog Teddy, on the right side) were eager to try anyway.


There were enough for them to share for a little bit (followed by them each needing their own pile, with lots of bickering over whose was bigger or whose was touching whose).


I did manage to get this picture of Darci. I have no idea why she felt her mouth had to be open - I certainly would not have had it open while someone was dropping leaves on me.


Darci has been on a waffle kick. Notice the presentation.


Riley absolutely positively does not need a nap. Until he does. Both grandkids were excited that we were going to head to the airport to pick up Mrs Notthat. And then Riley apparently got run over by a truck or Idiot Dog Teddy - I love how his shoes are scattered, just like Charlie Brown on the pitcher's mound.

Today Mrs Notthat and I took IDT for a walk. The weather is magnificent - clear and 70 degrees or so.


See how green the hills are turning? See how nice The Hotness looks? Notice the zeppelin in the upper-right corner? (You can ride this thing, but it's a bit pricey - $495 for an hour).

Today I cook the turkey we bought last year at this time - you know, one of those bargain turkeys. I need to do this so that I can make room in the freezer for a couple more bargain turkeys that I bought on Wednesday. Mrs Notthat has already pointed out that this makes no sense, so you don't really have to.

That's it - move along...

2 comments:

mary ann said...

But I need to echo Mrs. Notthat ~ that makes no sense whatsoever, unless you are having maybe 455 people over on Thursday...

DAK said...

What? You're cooking last...year's turkey today to make room for...what? How does Hotness feel about this?