Monday, November 17, 2008

Got crabs?

Sunday was the "hurry up and get the last bits ready" day around here. We got a second copy of the poster printed and I made a map so that people could find the various event locations for today.


There was still time for cards though.


And sightseeing in Annapolis. The weather turned a bit chilly and windy on Sunday, so nobody was up to playing on the beach.


But they were up to eating things that played on the beach. A large group of us had dinner at Jimmy Cantlers on the bay in Annapolis. Many crabs were eaten/destroyed. The wisest of us though went for something that you didn't have to work so hard for - I had a big plate of steamed clams, mussels, and shrimp.

This picture will likely get me a night on the deck, but it was the best one I had of the carnage once it was all over.


I tried to stay up and watch last night's Redskins/Cowboys game, but it starts so late out here that I couldn't do it. (Just as well - the wrong team won anyway.)

Today is the big day. People are shuffling around getting dressed and I'm sweating potential rush hour traffic issues. But it is clear and nice out (if a bit cold).

That's it - move along...

3 comments:

mary ann said...

I like that you have your computer at the card table. Those Maryland crabs are the BEST.

DAK said...

That's a great food picture, and I think Mrs. That looks like she's having a grand old time. Hope it wasn't too cold out on the deck.

notthatlucas said...

dak - the deck was actually enclosed and warm. There is no way we would have eaten out there otherwise - it was not nice out at all.

Most of the people were from the non-coastal states of Arkansas, Missouri, and Ohio. They all had a great time trying to get useful food out of these crabs.