Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A quick couple of things...

First, this game/test is pretty addictive. I was a little confused at first, mostly because I didn't read the directions. You are presented with several chances to eyeball things like straight lines and right angles and such. You cycle through all of the tests three times and are then given your score.

I've always suspected that I should never rely on my instincts when it comes to judging whether a picture is level and things like that. This confirms it. I don't remember my score exactly, but it was in the double digits.

Second, you need to run out and buy a package of Cascadian Farms broccoli. Go ahead - I'll wait here.

Dum de dum de dum...oh - you're back. Great.

Now look very carefully at the broccoli. See anything odd? Go find a magnifying glass and look harder.

For those of you who don't live next door to a grocery store or who wouldn't be caught dead buying frozen broccoli, look at this.


This is from this blog site.

I love things like that, and think positive thoughts about companies that allow this sort of thing to happen. (Although there is also a pretty good chance the company doesn't know this is happening.)

And now a third thing (I know, the title lied). I just got an email from TiVo explaining how, since I have a TiVo, I don't have anything to worry about with the upcoming transition to digital TV. The email assumes that anyone that has a TiVo has cable or satellite and do not use an antenna. The thing is, I believe almost every TiVo model ever made supports analog TV from an antenna.


The DTV transition is confusing to a lot of people, but a company like TiVo sending out emails that are ridiculously incorrect is very bad form. I sent an email back (not that it was easy to find an email address to send it to) and am curious if there will be a response. My guess is no, but it's fun to dream.

And speaking of the wonders of TiVo, remind me sometime to talk about our week with it and the Heroes TV show. It's enough to make you want to live in a cave and pound rocks for a living.

That's it - move along...

2 comments:

DAK said...

Why would a gardener like NotThat buy frozen broccoli? That's the question that needs answering here. It doesn't take any longer to make fresh than frozen broccoli and it tastes SO much better. Those human heads are not all that tasty, though.

notthatlucas said...

I took today off from work, and weirdly, got a phone call from TiVo about the email I sent. They misunderstood the purpose of my email, but I explained it to the guy and he said he now understood my point and would talk to others. Wow - I feel the power coursing through my fingers and out onto the internets!