Friday, June 26, 2009

It's almost like living in a Starbucks...


...well, except for the lack of tasty pastries and having to deal with a pimply faced youth with multiple odd piercings and a talent for misspelling your name.

Mrs Notthat loves her coffee flavors, which is great since it means the actual quality of the coffee does not matter that much. She is always experimenting with different combinations of the flavors, so I never know which to use on those occasions when I get to make her coffee for a "breakfast in bed" morning.

So I just do what I grew up calling a "suicide" - as kids, when we got to fill our own soda cups we would put in a bit of all of the flavors. Mrs always smiles when I make her coffee and I ask how it is. "It's wonderful!" she'll say, which probably says more about her need for caffeine than the actual flavor.

Lately she's been surprising me by not sleeping in on those mornings when she normally would. Surely it has nothing to do with my adventurous coffee flavoring skills.

Could it?

That's it - move along...

PS: I don't drink coffee at all. The Boy sometimes drinks a cup but I'm pretty sure he ignores the flavors.

2 comments:

DAK said...

Oh, yah, a suicide! Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Mountain Dew, Coke, Coke Light, Coke Dark, Nehi Orange, Nehi Grape, Nehi Strawberry, Pepsi and a side of Pellegrino. God Bless 7-11!

My brother puts boysenberry syrup in coffee. He and Mrs. That obviously do not like coffee all that much.

mary ann said...

Nice set-up there, I"m impressed. But I hate flavored coffee.