Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baseball playoffs are making my brain hurt


Sometimes my cleverness knows no bounds. Mostly though, it not only knows its bounds, it chooses to jump ship long before it reaches them.

I was scheduled to walk two miles Monday night. I normally walk on Monday with Mrs Notthat, but a sudden and strong rain shower made me decide to just go over to the fitness center and walk the two miles on a treadmill. As an added bonus, I would get to see the end of the Yankees/Angels playoff game and the start of the Dodgers/Phillies game. (Since we don't have cable at home, I have been able to see very little playoff baseball this year.)

There were no treadmills available, so I got on an elliptical machine, which just happened to have the Yankees/Angels game on. I watched up until the middle of the 11th inning - a tense, fun game. That was when a treadmill finally opened up and I moved to it.

The weird thing was that instead of the Yankees/Angels game, this treadmill was showing the Dodgers/Phillies game. I could not believe that TBS was so stupid as to switch from broadcasting the ending of a tense, close game just to show the beginning of this other game.

I was shocked and more than a little indignant. I completed my two miles, and headed home.

Once I got home I started writing a scathing email about the stupidity of TBS switching games like that. I was outraged.

And then I realized that, more than anything, I was being stupid.

See, all first round playoff games had been on TBS and I forgot that the Yankees/Angels game was on FOX (the Dodgers/Phillies game was on TBS). The elliptical just happened to be tuned to FOX and the treadmill was tuned to TBS and I hadn't noticed the difference. I could have easily switched to the Yankees/Angels game, but it had never occurred to me.

Sometimes I amaze myself.

That's it - move along...

PS: I blame this all on Bud "Bud" Selig.

2 comments:

DAK said...

It IS Selig's fault. That's him in the middle, isn't it?

mary ann said...

Hahahah, funny post. Poor DAK.